Monday, June 17, 2013

A tad late

Sorry, y'all, I was too tired to write last night so I'm doing it at breakfast for yesterday. 

We woke up and ate as usual and then drove over to the base of Table Mountain. In any pictures of Cape Town, you will see a huge flat top mountain in the background. This is it. We got in a huge cable car (in which the floor rotated, very cool) and headed to the top. The views were unbelievable and I took so many pictures. Some cool things about Table:
It just became one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the world, along with Amazon rainforest and Iguazu Falls. 
Also, there are more species on the top of Table Mountain than in all of Great Britain! It's extremely biodiverse. 

We walked around up there and took pictures and then headed down. We then drove to Mt. Nelson hotel, one of the most famous in South Africa, for afternoon tea. There was an endless buffet of cakes and sandwiches and cookies, along with a large selection of teas from around the world. I had green tea from China, it was delicious. We sat around for a bit and ate and chatted and then a bottle of champagne came! (Thanks, George, if you're reading this :) )

We headed back to the hotel for naps and hanging out for the rest of the night. Today we are driving around the Cape and also seeing penguins!!!!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment