Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wine and dine

Today was a super cool day. We woke up and ate and then drove about an hour to a valley (which I forget the name of) that has a ton of vineyards that make famous wines from South Africa. On the way, we passed a TON of baboons including babies which were adorable!! They were just hangin out on the side of the road. We finally arrived at a vineyard called Creation, which was recommended to us by the owner of Mosaic Farm where we're staying. The view was amazing. We went inside to have lunch and most of us decided on the wine tasting with food: 8 different wines to taste with complementing little tastes of food. These were all amazing!! What a cool experience. And all while looking at the view that is attached. We were there for a while and then took a tour of where they make the wine and the cellar, which was in the same building. They said that they sell about 3 million dollars of wine a year! I don't know if that was in US dollars or SA rand, but I think dollars. We left and drove to one more winery to take a taste and take pictures of the amazing landscape. We passed more monkeys on the way back, and then stopped in Hermanus for pizza and grocery shopping. The pizza couldn't compare with Mellow, obviously, but it was still pretty good :) we arrived back at the house to realize we were out of fire starters and so we had to burn some paper in order to get the fire started, but eventually got it! It's not as cold here tonight, luckily. 

Tomorrow I think we're hanging out and then going to see Beauty who attended the 2011 ULS. I hope you all got to meet her if you were there that year! Scott's going to do a talk also, I'm pretty excited for that! One more day here at Mosaic Farm and then we go to Cape Town on Friday! 
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment