6-14-13
There are a few distinct things I've noticed about South Africa that I'd like to share:First of all, everything is extremely cheap compared to the US. For example, that wine tasting I was telling you about was literally $12 a person for the food and probably like 2 or 3 full glasses of wine.
Secondly, and I think this is the same In a lot of countries other than the US, people are so much less concerned with safety regarding waking on the roads. There will be children who cross without looking, people walking in the middle of the road at night, and children playing in the street. In the United States this is completely unheard of, and one of the first things we're taught as children is "stop and look both ways".
Also, people are not afraid to ask for tips. They will do something for you even if you don't need it, like lead you where you need to go in the airport. You don't really have a choice when they ask you for money after the fact. This is confusing but eventually we've learned to just try to avoid those situations! People are just a lot more open to asking here, where on the US it would be considered rude.
No comments:
Post a Comment