Friday, June 14, 2013

Exhausted.

Today was longggggg. 
I know I've already posted twice today I just can't help it! Here's my official one about our whereabouts and such. 

We woke up and left Mosaic Farm about 30 minutes later. It was hard to say goodbye but who knows, maybe ill be back in Stanford one day :)

After a two hour drive through gorgeous landscapes, including fields of sheep and cows, forests, and mountains (pic attached), we arrived at a small town nestled in the mountains called Franschhoek. It's a small Dutch town including tons of Dutch architecture and cute shops and restaurants! We asked a shopowner for a recommendation and ended up at French Connection, supposedly where the locals eat. I had tomato soup and a goat cheese and caramelized onion tart. So delicious! Afterwards we walked down the street to a famous chocolate shop, and then went in a couple of stores. 

We left the town and continued our beautiful drive an hour and a half to Cape Town. (I wrote the post about reflections on this leg of the trip). The beach appeared and was beautiful but it was also sad to see the shanty towns. 

The hotel we're staying at here is called Colona Castle, it's like a few very old buildings that are furnished kind of old fashioned but it's so pretty! And the hospitality here is impeccable. 

We hung out and then a few of us went to the theatre because Scott wanted to go see a ballet show, based on Elvis Presley's life. I know, it sounds odd, but it was actually really good. There was a restaurant at the theater that served really good Indian vegetarian food which was great to have before. 

We've been going all day and have another huge day tomorrow including Robben island, the waterfront, and Table Mountain. Can't wait to see what it holds for us!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment